2 Delicious Dessert Recipes
Berry and Mousse Parfait and Pavlova Recipes
The Pavlova creation is quite spectacular and is usually quite rich and sweet.
If you are craving to satisfy a sweet tooth, the Atkins Berry and Mousse Parfait recipe will do it.
Berry and Mousse Parfait
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 ½ tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Atkins mousse mix
- Puree the ¾ cup of strawberries, ¾ cup raspberries and ½ tsp sugar substitute in a blender.
- Coarsely chop the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries then fold it into puree.
- Whisk the cream, sugar substitute and vanilla in a bowl until it forms in a soft peak.
- Add the mousse mix until it becomes stiff then add the cream.
- Place ¼ cup of berry mixture in a parfait glass.
- Top it with ¼ cup of mousse mix and repeat it in two layers.
- Top it again with raspberries.
- Repeat to make more parfaits.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- choice of fruit to decorate
- Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper.
- On the foil or paper draw a circle with a 22 cm (9″) diameter.
- In a glass beat egg whites, vanilla and vinegar or lemon juice until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- When sugar is fully dissolved into egg mixture pile it onto the baking tray, keeping the mixture within the circle.
- Smooth the top but leave a slight hollow in the centre.
- Bake at 120 degrees centigrade for approximately 1 and 1/4 hours.
- When cooked, the Pavlova should be a very light beige colour.
- Turn off the oven and leave Pavlova to cool in the oven.
- When cold, top with whipped cream and decorate with fruit.