Italian Biscotti Recipe
I’ll bet that you never had biscotti as good as this!
Just try this recipe and see what you think, it is as good as they come.
Remember that all ingredients should be at room temperature.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar add anise seeds, vanilla and butter.
- Mix well and then add the flour and baking powder and mix until well blended, it should be soft but not sticky.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into two pieces, form each piece to look like large hot dogs, place on a pan lined with baking parchment and flatten to about one inch thick.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately half an hour until golden brown.
- Cut biscotti into pieces, place on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown.